I am a borderline NEET, forever immigrant (I literally do not have an homeland or country I consider my own), certified (I don't want to be Japanese but I am into anime).
I don't know for how long I will be able to keep updating my website. I have started and abandoned literally hundreds of projects related to anime by now. I am saying this hoping in vain that I will have to eat my words later.
I could go into the details about me but who cares so here is the basics. I was born in 1997 in a little picteresque medieval town in Tuscany in the Italian peninsula. My anglophile parents were immigrants from some backwards tea drinking, cricket playing third world democratic socialist island republic proud of its non-existant moral superiority(though there was/is plenty of moral hypocrisy) in lieu of material superiority.
I was exposed to animu at an early age on Italian television but then I lost contact with anime when I moved to my parents'(not mine) country. There I was sent to English curriculum schools and had private tutoring in English and at the age of 16 I moved to the UK as your stereotypical ugly nerd who was bullied once in a blue moon but usually ignored. I had already rekindled my contact with anime prior to coming to the uk through a few tattered copies of Detective Conan and some Dragonball Z DVDs. I reminiscened of those times I used to watch Beyblade and Yu Gi Oh but before I came to the UK I had no internet and almost no friends(still don't have any really) so I used to spend my free time when I was not doing private tuition classes in our garden while mosquitos bit me making up stories with pet rocks about a city civillization through to the age of 16.
I also spent hours of my free time just walking around the house alone imagining the endings and continuations of anime I used to watch when I was 8. In England I was able to get some free wifi off a gregs shop (a pastry chain-store in the uk). In London I lived with my parents and my sister in some run down drafty humid room above a shop situated in a non-white non-British primarily Muslim area. I neglected all of my studies and spent all of my time watching anime and became an occasional truant using the free transport for student to go sightseeing in London and to go to libraries rather than school as I could no longer stand the tedious lessons in subjects I could not care less about nor the occasional bullying. In the end I failed my university entry exams three times and was only able to get into a bad university in London which accepts everyone for the Tony Blair cheap government tuition loan money. I could not stand the leftwing professors at the university and my parents did not approve of the subject I was studying (economics) so instead they gave me one final chance by enrolling in me in some aircraft mechanic expensive private course in which I have no interest in, there was a bunch of drama what with me feeling suicidal and admiting it to them whereby I was enrolled in a journalism course but there too I could not stand the leftwing professors and now I am back to doing the inhumanly boring but career-wise viable aircraft mechanic course.
I know I should be grateful to my parents and hate anime but it is almost though not quite the other way around. It was not only anime that I waste a lot of time on rather than on things which could make me money and status but also on Youtube commentary about politics and back in the day about religion or the lack thereof. Do I have regrets about the way I have lived? Too many to mention though mainly related to my sexlife or the lack there of but still it is not only regrets I have though I may just like my pessimism laced with optimism.
Things which I like and don't like
I knew that this page was going to become an unspeakable mess but try to round things off a bit here is a list of some things I like and don't like in no particular order.
Things I Like
- Lasagna: A simple food that does not pretend to be healthy and the opposite of the anti-life healthy food movement.
- Neon Genesis Evangelion: The greatest anime of the 90s. The greates mecha anime. Most probably the greatest work of art in the last century.
- The Welcome to the NHK anime only: Anime about a NEET realistically except for the cute girl who comes to his help.
- Property rights: the basis of all other rights without which you have no liberty really.
- Free speech: The enemy of tyranny and the friend of all art and beauty.
- Steins;Gate anime and VN. The sequels/prequels are meh.There was something about them, about the characters which recaptured what initially got me into anime and I like the fact that it is about Otaku. It felt to me that it was what the anime sections of the Otaku No Video OVA tried to be. A positive and unrealistic vision of otaku. There have been other attempts such as in Saekano but none gets so close to the heart of the matter. By the way the name of this site and my username is Otaking because of this.
- The Renpy visual novel engine. Because of Steins Gate and because of the achievement of those people from 4chan who made Katawa Shoujo(although it is not such a great story it is still a great techincal achievement by a bunch anons working with no budget) I have decided to give a try at this visual novel (a poor man's anime basically) thing. It will most probably be a failure just like everything else I have done but I know what kind of failure I want it to be.
- Multi User Dungeons like Genesis LpMUD and Aardwolf MUD. MUDs are everything that MMORPGs should be and until virtual reality gets to a point where it is indistinguishable from the real world it is where the greatest freedom and complexity of actions and physics can be achieved ever. I have heard that Sword Art Online was inspired by multi user dungeon and I wouldn't be surprised if that were true. The best mmmorpg still around Old School Runescape was also supposed to be an MUD. mmorpgs are an inferior copy of muds.
- The Legend of the Galactic Heroes original anime not the reboot: The greatest anime about politics, history and war.
- Some lolita characters because they are not like children. I don't even particularly like lolita characters that much but the reason I have this here is to annoy the right kind of people and hope this will make them fuck off because these people are a cancer to humanity and not to interact with them is the best thing one can do.
- The Vim editor: It is simple and doesn't change all of the time for the sake of change so it is actually worth learning to use it.
- Arch Linux and Linux Mint MATE: Arch linux cause it's a rolling distro and the AUR and the Arch wiki are God's work and God's gift to Linux respectively. I know people don't like Mint and I have heard that the politics of Mint devs are questionable(i.e. leftwing) but for a traditional desktop experience for disgruntled windows home desktop users it does its job.
- Some unpopular fetishes which I won't mention cause I don't want my site tagged as adult(i.e. unsuitable for the tyrant child-brained censors) or something and made less visible because of little brained people (the children and the censors equally). Basically I am bit of a mascochist but not too much (unless you believe any is too much for a man).
Things I Hate
- Feminism in the west: For all of my life from my experience the scales have been balanced in women's favour so I don't appreciate as a low status man being told otherwise but much more than that I am afraid it will ruin anime and manga the way it has ruined all mainstream narrative entertainment in the west except a few pockets of culture usually connected to Japanese manga and anime. Sure there are a few pockets of oppresion against women in the west usually in ultra-conservative immigrant muslim communities but it is telling that the sea on the other side is ignored. I won't tell what it is telling of cause most would not hear what I say and instead react in the best way which is surest to make their sympathies look stupid.
- Religion and superstitions and apologists for it. Even the more intelligent defenders of faith grate on my nerves at least some of the time as smug idiots though I am sure they would feel the very same about me.
- Indian food: It smells bad and makes people smell intolerably bad too, nothing which smells so bad can be good to one's thought.
- Modern architecture: I don't think it should be banned or anything because unlike many of those who like modern architecture I respect property rights but it is ugly and yes arches and columns look better because they are more natural. People who live and see such ugly architecture are made anti-social and unhappy by it. Modern building materials and methods were a mistake.
- 3D anime and western animation: It is childish, unartistic and ugly.
- Children: Little psychopaths and sociopaths and also the reason we can't have nice things. They are also the tool and key of bigger sociopaths and psychopaths to get their way both in a totalitarian state and in a free one. They are a means of the state into everything. Anything and anyone which panders to children is trash and children ought to be treated as adults so they cease to be trash too as soon as possible. Abolish all child labour laws and abolish all mandatory education.
- Courts of law: I know they are a necessary evil but more often than not they are just evil. Sometimes it appears like justice is blind in the same way that dumb luck in a card game is blind.
- Armed Police Officers in Pairs driving vehicles. They don't need to be in pairs. They should not have weapons while we should have them and they should not be driving cars but be on foot patrol or at worse on a bicycle. Also they should be decetralised again.
- Schools: They are hives of scum, villainy and bullying where children waste time learning the party line instead of working to become independent (both intellectually and economically) adults , children who want to read will read but first of all they should not be trained in helplessness but treated as adults as far and as soon as possible especially in terms of work.
- Military Parades: Soldiers look good. I am into some some bdsm shit so I would know but there are few sights I find more offensive than the swaggering officer type. They are the quickest way to drain any and all sympathy for veterans who defend us.
- Shoujo manga/anime protagonists: I used to think that shounen manga protagonists were annoying and useless until I read shoujo manga
- Josei manga: boring manga empowerement fantasies about people living beyond their economic means and little else
- Safety regulations: Let people take risks if they want to. These things should be the enemy of anyone who is for progress but in practice it is those who want progress who want for them as if longing for the whip and looking for a softer replacement.
- Videogames other than JRPGs, MUDs(and a few mmos) and Japanese Visual Novels: I do not enjoy tactical type of games like Dwarf Fortress but I can at least get them. However a vast, vast majority of video games especially those without any story I just do not get. First Person Shooters in particular look frightfully boring to me even when there is a story
- Immigration: Yeah, I know I am an immigrant but just because I am an hypocrite that does not mean I am wrong(let that sink into your thick skulls detractors). I don't think that most third world societies have suffieciently developed to let them just move into the west currently. I can only speak from what I have seen from my eyes so please don't push statistics onto me but there is this disgusting vague sense of entitlement and misplaced superiority among immigrant populations in Europe which tries to make up for a social inferiority through a non-existant moral superiority. It goes something like this: "Oh sure those white westerners may be richer than us and more good-looking but they are degenerates, infidels and we are morally superior to them and so we deserve a,b,c....to x,y and z from them." Then again maybe I am wrong and in the long run it will all turn out to be alright. History is weird. To be honest I no longer really care about the west anymore per se, I only care about myself now so as I have been drained out of sympathy for others. I am just saying this because I know it will annoy all the right kind of people who I don't want anywhere near me. Hopefully seeing that I disagree with them they will just fuck right off though I wouldn't be surprised if they will try to dox me and destroy my life because this is the kind of scum and vermin they are.
- Universities: Government loan (i.e. future tax payer funded) hives of class bigotry and intellectual bigotry which also serve as to artificially lower the unemployment figures by creating a priestly class of philosopher kings who spread cancerous ascetic ideals and hegelian ahistorical nonsense under the guise of selective deconstruction. The technical progress provided by these places could be easily offloaded to industry. Oh I almost forgot they are also the cocoon of future beareaucrats and the Karen hivement ant-people who work in HR and snitch on people for a living.
- The commercial aircraft industry: The most safety regulation ridden inhuman anti-human industry designed to make the achievement of flying boring, smelly, centred around accounting and all around disgusting.
- Hayao Miyazaki who has become a mistake: Ex-commie out of touch old man animator who makes ever more childish works as he slips into senility. Makes more and more idiotic blanket statements as he makes less and less good anime. It is sad but it is the truth. It is not a coincidence that it is the worst sort of westerners who get wowed by the pretty colours in his child-senile friendly nonsense like Spirited Away. Princess Mononoke was okay because it had some violence and guts and sexuality to it but the more time passes the more childish his works and comments become.
- Goethe: A joyful utilitarian individualistic polymath. He is all over the place too busy to fall into despair and desponcy and angst. Always working on some kind of great project wherever his curiosity takes him. Attentive to detail but never restful enough to stagnate in one field as so many specialized intellects do today.
- Nietzche: Even though he lived a life full of suffering and failure he always comes across to me as having lived a full life with an overabundance of true unfeigned high feelings and an individualistic unwillingness to yield to despair or unproductiveness. A bountiful spirit which gives out of abundance rather than a miser looking for an in into heaven. Sure there is always a hint of bravado but maybe the fake thing sometimes can become more real than the original thing itself.
- George Orwell: Even though his economics were wrong I think this is clear to us only in hindsight and unlike most socialists he wasn't too arrogant about it even though he believed in it. A very intelligent thinker, good writer, clear literary critic, critic of the left from the left. He cared about the working class and stood against all kinds of bullying still remaining patriotic in a time when it would be hard to be patriotic because of the empire though he could see that the many empires which would take its place would be less soft and less free. Not a perfect defender of liberty but has done more than more than most of us to defend it. Certainly the best lefty out there 10/10 IGN. Yes, he also wrote lists of commiest for the government but guess what there were soviet spies in the British estabilishment trying to subvert Britain from behind the scenes so this was not exactly unjustified though not exactly free of scuminess. Orwell would say that it is more important to do the right thing than to be "pure" though .
- Christopher Hitchens: Peter Hitchens' dead brother. A very good speaker and a well-read writer who though not exactly possesing many original ideas always made sure to attribute where he got them from and through his style I think got many people like me interested in reading more too. He did a bunch of interesting stuff as a journalist but I am not that interested in journalism to be honest.
- Peter Hitchens: Even more contrarian than his brother. Can be expected to make the opposite case than that of the majority of the intelligentsia and still make a good case for it. A bit thin skinned like his brother so don't try to joke at him on twitter cause he might take it as you just insulting him. Just like his brother he can seem a bit of a broken record especially if you read his blog all the time but come read his blog once in a few weeks and you will usually be pleasantly surprised.
- Hideaki Anno: Anime director of Neon Genesis Evangelion and sadly the Rebuild movies too. I think most of his good stuff is behind him. He seems to have stopped growing as a thinker but at least he has not regressed to the state of a senile capricious child like another anime director. There may be others but when one thinks of an Otaku anime director Anno is who comes to mind.
Favourite Anime And Manga
The Most Important Thing.
- Neon Genesis Evangelion + The End of Evangelion: The Holy Grail of Mecha Anim, until you have seen this you are not really an anime otaku.
- Legend of Galactic Heroes: Best anime about history/war/space/politics.
- SDF Macross + Do You Remember Love (Movie)?:A Space Opera with Robots in space, aliens and a pop idol. Best girl wins. The only anime with a love triangle that didn't degenerate into trash because it had other themes like war, technology and the value of popular(i.e. Vulgar) culture uncorrupted by the twin vultures of puritanism and war(the latter being a subset of the former). The movie is also delightfully anti-feminist.
- Ashita no Joe: Rocky/Whiplash for weebs. The best and only sports anime I have liked thus far. It is about boxing. The animation could be better but the soundtrack was on point. Will make you want to burn until there are no embers left but only white ash too.
- GunBuster/Aim For the Top!: Giant robots and lovingly drawn 2D animated jiggle physics. What's not to like? Okay the protagonist is a bit of a Mary Sue but she is cute, innocent and positive enough to make up for this unlike most matron-like Mary Sues who are as uptight as bald Victorian boarding school headmasters.
- Area 88: Best animated aeroplane fights.
- The Rose of Versailles: Best female protagonist evar. Some compare it to Utena but it is nothing as pretentious, repetitive and gay as that and the revolution is real unlike in Utena. As an Anglo(phile) of sorts for the first and last time ever, vive la France!
- Steins;Gate: An otaku and a chuuni self-proclaimed "mad scientist" college student who goes around in a lab suit tinker with a microwave machine so much that it causes the space-time continuum to come apart allowing them to send text messages to the past and turn bananas into jelly. It captures a lot more about otaku culture than most animu while not just being about that.
- Un-Go: Professional Belgian with a shota spirit side-kick who turns into a horny bishounen milf, set in a post-war slightly futuristic Japan where some globalist Mark Zuckerberg-like guy censors the media for the greater good and his globalist agenda.
- My Youth Romantic Comedy is Wrong As I Expected (aka Oregairu): Contains some great social commentary about what it is like to be a beta male in high school. Season 1 is great. Season 2 not so much. Season 3 isn't out yet.
- Megazone 23: There are four parts. Each part is directed by a different director. The first part is the best. Top tier 80s Japanese pop. The Matrix before The Matrix. I rarely say this but go into it blind.
- Detective Conan: Story about professional Belgian Japanese Highschooler who gets turned into an elementary school kid by a drug from an underground criminal organization which really likes alcohol.
- Battle Angel Alita: The protagonist is a Mary Sue but unlike most she is only insufferable at the start (that horrible bar scene) and once you ignore that she is more powerful than everyone else for no good reason and instead start to look at the world around her you will have a good time.
- Dragonball: Starts off as a parody of Shounen manga ends up as defining the genre. Encyclopedia Dramatica calls it professional wrestling but for even dumber people. Note to the anime fans: GT is better than Super.
This page was a mistake.